Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm back and this time permanently (at least I hope so.) Yes, our sojourn in the south is over and we are now happily home in snowy white New England. And oh does it feel good to be back!
We're slowly getting settled into our home. There are still a few too many boxes to be unpacked (and a few that need to be packed back up), some furniture that still needs to be purchased, and a whole lot of decorating to do, but we're getting there.
I could spend all day unpacking and cleaning, but thankfully I have two little people here who keep reminding me that little girls need lots of fresh air and room to run if they're going to grow up happy and healthy. So I stop unpacking/put down the broom/leave the dirty dishes in the sink, step outside, and suddenly remember how much fun winter can be...
How fun it is to stomp, slide, and jump in the snow...
What eating snow for the first time is like...
And how nice it is to just sit still and take in the quiet, white, beauty of it all.
Ahh, yes it's good to be back!

2 comments:

Sabine said...

I am jealous of your snow!

Anonymous said...

yay! hi! welcome home! i missed you (in a bloggy way, you know, not a creepy stalker way, promise) :)