A few months back, I started a Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. I needed to greatly reduce the amount of scraps spilling out of the craft closet and this seemed like the perfect quilt to use them up in. I started full of gusto, but after finishing my fourth "flower" I quickly realized that the vast majority of my scraps were of only two colors--red and blue. There were a few pinks and even fewer greens and just a handful of purples and yellows...but that was it. I could have made just a red and blue quilt, but I really wanted a full range of color. The problem with more colors meant that I would have to buy new fabric in order to make a scrap quilt and that just seemed terribly, terribly wrong. Unable to solve this little problem, I finally gave up and packed the project away for another time.
And besides, how could I really pass up those adorable vintage prints!