Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Muffin Morning

Phew! May was a crazy month full of ups and downs and June has been just as crazy, although with fewer ups and more downs.  It's been an incredibly fast paced, stressful, chaotic month so far, which has been making me irritable and worn out.  *sigh*
The other day, despite everything going on, I managed to whip up some rhubarb muffins and pop them in the oven just before Baby Boy awoke from his nap.  I thought about those muffins all night and...
...the next morning I poured myself a cup of coffee, helped myself to a muffin, and forced myself to do nothing but enjoy that moment.  A nice quiet half hour, no distractions, no rush, no hurry, just eating, drinking and  pondering over just exactly how one would describe the flavor of rhubarb.
The rest of the day was crazy as usual, but that morning, it was a good morning.
Sometimes we just have to create our own calm amidst all the chaos...

No comments: