Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Sick Days

Where have I been?  Well, I wish I could say I've been off doing fun and exciting things, enjoying myself so much that I just didn't have any time for blogging, but sadly, that wasn't the case.  I've been sick.  And I've been tending to sick kids.
The kids and I managed to come down with a horrible illness of some sort that involved high fevers, headaches, coughs, sore throats, achy joints, etc., etc.  Thankfully, we're all almost better.  Or rather, the kids are already better and I'm slowly getting there...
Thankfully, I was well enough to enjoy some 4th of July festivities.  We managed to make it down to the lake for some free ice cream, games, and balloons.
And then, much later, we sat by the lake and watched the firework display.  The kids were excited and amazed.  So was I.  Fireworks never become boring or dull, at least not in my opinion.
We also celebrated a birthday over the weekend, pictures of which will be coming shortly...

No comments: