Monday, May 14, 2007

Changing dirty diapers, scrubbing dried smooshed bananas out of clothes, making midnight...then 2AM...then 4AM bottles, cleaning up toys....all worth it--I really do love being a mother!And what a splendid Mother's Day I had! Perfect weather, delicious strawberry cake, yummy Chinese food and this gorgeous tea set from my husband:
I have wanted a tea set forever and my husband not only bought me one, but knowing my love of all things old, bought me one from an antique store! I can't tell you how excited I was! Sadly I had to pack it (six teacups and saucers, six dessert plates, sugar bowl, creamer, tea pot, and coffee urn) away for when we move...I can't wait until we're settled someplace and I can finally use it!In other news, I finally finished my white parasol bird.
I had some fun taking the birds outside and taking their pictures.
looks like they're having a pleasant chat, doesn't it?

and I rather think this looks like a parade of some sort...a parade that will eventually march its way to my shop...eventually...

3 comments:

belle epoque said...

happy belated mother's day! looks to me like you're doing a great job :) and those birds are just so wonderful-- i want to own the whole sweet parade!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

LOL!! The little parade just put a big smile on my face! Totally adorable.
Smiles, Karen

Sabine said...

Couldn't believe my eyes!
Soooo cute and funny!