Friday, April 24, 2009

Butterflies

Well, here we go--first post of the week on the last day of the (work) week. Of course I fully intended to post sooner, but it's been an impossible week--the husband has had some long work days and I've been hit hard with seasonal allergies. This week has been mostly sneezing, wheezing, coughing, and sniffing with a few headaches and sleepless nights thrown in the mix. A grim week indeed.
There was one good thing about this week though...
...our visit to the butterfly atrium. My mom had discovered this place and, thinking that it would be something the girls would enjoy, she and my dad offered to take us there.
It was such a treat to go--the girls and I absolutely loved this place! I initially thought there was going to be some kind of barrier up between us and the butterflies--but no! You walk through this garden area with some butterflies busy fluttering from plant to plant, others diving in front of you (rather shocking at first!) and still others landing on you and happily staying put for some time.
Not only was it fascinating, but it was also very beautiful. My only regret is that I didn't think to have the girls bring any sketchbooks. I think they really would have loved drawing some of their favorites. Another time!
And so our week draws to end with the promise of better things to come. There is a book sale (which I have been anxiously anticipating for weeks), very warm weather, a little vacation for me, and hopefully some beach trips all coming up this week. And seeing as my allergies seem to be improving it looks like I'll be able to really enjoy all that!
A happy weekend to all of you!

No comments: