Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Rethinking a dress

As Easter is fast approaching I thought I'd better try that smocked dress on Little P. again and see if the fit had improved any. Sadly, no. In fact, if anything, I'd say the dress was looking worse than before. Although we seem to have our very own little girl version of the Very Hungry Caterpillar living here (really, she eats all day), all that nutritious goodness must be going straight towards vertical growth and not horizontal. So yes, she's taller, but not fatter, and was seriously disappearing in all that fabric. Frustrating to say the least.
On a whim, I thought I'd see if the dress would fit Pookie. And what do you know...
...it actually looks alright on her. Pookie hated it, that is until I curled her hair and suggested she try singing "On the Good Ship Lollipop." Then of course it was a big hit--she thought she looked just like Shirley Temple and lot's of dancing and "Animal Crackers in my Soup" singing followed. So now I'm debating about exactly what to do. Should I put more time into trying to make it work for Little P. or just finish it up and let the older girls wear it?? Guess it will go back in the "almost finished" project pile for bit, while I think it over some more...

No comments: