Friday, April 23, 2010

Change of color...

We're supposed to be moving here in just about a week, so I'm back to packing boxes.  Or maybe I should say I'm "repacking" boxes.  While I am very excited about the new home (more space!), I'm hating the process of boxing up everything again.
So for now all sewing, drawing, painting, crafting, you name it, has come to an end.  It's all in boxes.  Except this one thing...
...which you may remember.  It's been sitting unfinished for a very long time.  I kept intending to go out and buy more embroidery floss so I could work on it, but it just wasn't happening.  Finally, as I wasn't feeling wild about the color scheme anyway (what was I thinking? white and light pink? those colors would never show up! no one would ever even notice all my hard work!) I decided to just work with what I had.
And I have a huge pile of embroidery floss to work with.
I finally settled on using various shades of red and so far I'm liking it.  I'm still feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of flowers (yet again, I tried counting them, but there are just too many!), but I'm gonna give it another try.  And maybe, seeing as it's the only thing not in a box, I'll actually finish it this time.

No comments: