Monday, March 10, 2008

The potato bag said "store in a cool dry place." That was exactly what I intended to do with them...I just never got around to it. By the time I opened the potato bag (I was making Martha Stewart's pierogies, which are very good, though somewhat time consuming, in case you were wondering) about half had started growing, a lot.
Now it seemed a shame to just toss them, so they sat around and grew a bit more while I mulled over my dilemma. Then at long last it came to me--potato stamps! A little bit of slicing and cutting, and pretty soon we had some squares, circles, triangles, stars and crosses.
It was a good project for both of the girls. Besides being a lot of fun and a good creative outlet, Fig also learned the colors red, yellow and blue, while Pookie learned the names of shapes.
And it was a lot of fun for me too. Fun enough that I'm looking at the last two leftover potatoes and wondering if I should make some stamps for myself...I have to do something with them don't I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so much fun! you should definitely make some stamps for yourself :)