Monday, December 04, 2006

The children were nestled all snug in their beds
While visions of snowflakes danced in Mommy's head
And it did snow as promised! The snow came down fast and heavy this morning, but before we could get out of our pj's and into our snow suits it was gone. The sun had gotten a little brighter, the weather had gotten a little warmer, and all the snow melted. It was incredibly disappointing.
So since we are not having a white December outdoors I thought I'd bring a little bit of white indoors!

I started making houses for a little snowy village to go in the girls' room. It has been a very long time since I've worked with construction paper and glue sticks! After a very long time of cutting, gluing, and glittering I have only one and a half houses done and one very lopsided pine tree. It's a start though...

My husband also spent a long time on a house, a real house. He took a break from sled making and hung up lights all over the outside of the house. They look amazing! Here is a neat shot he took of the lights outside from inside the house.

And now after a long day of working on this and that it's time for me to grab a hot chocolate and a book, and curl up under the blankets. There's nothing like feeling warm and cozy when it's cold and windy outside!

No comments: