Tuesday, July 10, 2007

It's someone's birthday today!
So obviously we needed a birthday cake! This is yet another recipe from the Martha Stewart cookbook. Chocolate cake with a chocolate peppermint ganache icing and some mint leaves for decoration. So nice looking and soooo tasty!Pookie helped me make the cake and icing (yet again while Fig was napping). I'm slowly learning to let Pookie cook with me. I've come to the realization that she is capable of doing so much more than I think she is. Today she carefully poured the cream into a measuring cup and then carefully poured it into the mixing bowl...I was amazed! And it's really fun cooking together, we both put on our aprons and we both take turns sampling the ingredients...

...the chocolate chips tasted just fine--thanks for checking Pookie! I'm looking forward to when Fig is old enough to cook with us--then it will really be fun to cook!

And so happy birthday to my husband/daddy! Here's to many many more birthdays!

No comments: